Tuesday 2 April 2013

Spring?

The garden is a little odd at present - the snow has mostly gone, although it lingers on the Pentlands, but it remains chilly. Even so the climbing honeysuckle and the apple trees are all about to blossom.  I had hoped to be able to photograph some pink apple blossom in the snow but that looks unlikely now.

And the bird life, though still quiet, is picking up a little. Over breakfast this morning I watched a pair of coal tits whizzing around and took pleasure that it was a pair with the promise of a clutch of little coal tits later in the year. And throughout the day a bold robin was singing its heart out from the old telephone wires, obviously llooking for a mate.

Last night as I came in from the office quite late I'm fairly sure that I heard at least one and probably two owls but they weren't visible in the darkness.

No comments:

Post a Comment